If I have the Gift of Prophecy… and the Faith that Can Move Mountains, but Have Not Love, I am Nothing

One of the hardest things about being a Christian in an increasingly doubting world is being forced into defending our belief in God and in Jesus.  Every day there seems to be new scientific, philosophical, or historical evidence splashed across the headlines which provide proof of an absence of an all-knowing creator for doubting or nonbelievers.  But what if I told you that this is only the enemy at work?  What if I told you that the Bible has never been proven incorrect, ever?  What if I told you that scientific, philosophical, and historical evidence actually proves that Christianity has been the ONLY constant in this world since the beginning of time?  And what if I could give you the keys to prove all of this?  I can.  But you don’t need those keys...

    On Sunday my pastor delivered just an incredible message on the Bible and how we, as Christians, can guarantee it is written by man, but the Words are His, and His alone (“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. - John 1:1).  If you’re interested in seeing this message and learning more, please contact me and I’ll happily discuss and share the link to the message with you!  It is substantive and true.  

I grew up Presbyterian in a teeny tiny church in McDonough, Georgia.  Frozen chosen, baby.  Never did I ever think I would enjoy a large, concert-like setting for church, much less did I believe I could learn something in a setting like this.  Never.  

Never say never…

Today, my husband and I, and our family, attend the largest church in the state of Alabama.  It is definitely a mega church.  It is definitely loud.  It is definitely a concert.  It is definitely NOT where I would have seen myself 10 years ago.  And yet, here we are.  Do you know what else my church is?  It is definitely bible-based.  It is definitely evangelical.  It is definitely generous.  And it definitely proclaims the good news of the gospel loudly and proudly.  Still, I take in every week and every message carefully.  I come in looking for flaws. I come in looking for false-teachings.  We have been here two years and I have not found one flaw.  

    What does this have to do with anything, you ask?  My church (the people, not the building or the government or the messages, even) unapologetically love Jesus and love his people.  ALL of his people.  Even the non believers.  

Even though I possess only a single tear-drop in the ocean that is theology and Apologetics, I can still love people.  All people.  And that is how I can be a witness for Jesus every day.  And that is the universal key, the only one you really need in order to prove to people that the Bible is good and true.  To prove that Jesus came to earth, was crucified and rose again as was prophesied in the Bible over 300 times before his birth.  And to prove that God is real and He loves us.  





Dove Love, y'all.  -MN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created.” - Esther 4:14

New Beginnings Make New Endings

Oh the Places You'll Go!