The Four Letter Word… BUSY

We’ve all said it, “I’m just soooo busy.” We say it when we are asked to do something we don’t feel we have time to do, we say it to our friends when work is keeping us late and we are missing yet another coffee date. We say it to our spouse when they ask if we can help with this “one” project… Sometimes it is truly legitimate, sometimes more of an excuse in disguise… but either way, the truth is always the same, we have time for something, just not for what we are too busy to do.

Now, confession time… In 2015 I was truly the busiest I have ever been. My husband was job hunting and then took a job pastoring at a small church, I had two little ones, I worked my “real” job, volunteered with the sorority, did children’s ministry… and was failing at everything. Ok so maybe “failing” is bit of an exaggeration, but at the time, it's truly how I felt and even in hindsight, I was not doing anything incredibly well. Occasionally, I would have a week were one area was ok, but only at the expense of all the rest. I had all these things I was attempting to juggle and somewhere along the way, I decided I was “too busy” to give up even a few minutes a day to spend with my Heavenly Father, I mean afterall, I read my bible to prep for leading children’s church and said my my quick prayers while taking a shower or changing a diaper… that was enough right?

Psalm 46:10 tells us to BE STILL and know that He is God. Joshua 1:8 instructs us to meditate on the Word daily to have good success. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says to pray without ceasing. Psalm 119:105 reminds us that God’s word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. Hebrews 4:16 encourages us to draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace in time of need. And the list could go on and on… Bottom line, my “business” was robbing me of many of God’s promises and getting me nowhere fast!

Since the beginning of the year I have made time to get into God’s word and be diligent to write out my prayers. While it's only been a short time, God’s word it so true! His grace is sufficient, readily available, and ours for the taking. As I’ve made time to be still and worship my Father, to meditate on His word, to offer up prayers of thanksgiving and praise as well as lay my burdens at His feet, I’ve experienced my own little miracle… I’m still busy, but somehow, it's all getting done… and done for His glory!

So, what are you “Too busy” to do? Is it something God has called you to do? If so, I challenge you to make time and just see how God can bless you… even in all your business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created.” - Esther 4:14

New Beginnings Make New Endings

Oh the Places You'll Go!