Ecclesiastes 3:1

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.” -Ecclesiastes 3:1


Autumn. My favorite time of year is upon us. On September 22, 2017 autumn officially begins. This is a season that brings giving, thankfulness, pumpkin everything, changing leaves, sweater weather, and football. This is the season of letting go of things that we have been holding onto because winter will bring us a clean slate. I use this season to reflect on the past year. What went well, what are things I want to change, and where do I want to go from here. I take this season to make goals for the upcoming months and how winter will bring a clean slate after all the leaves have fallen. I extend my quiet time with the Lord during autumn to pray and listen to where he wants me to go. When I make my goals, I make them with His plan in mind because although the leaves will change, our God won’t. Our God will never fail us or let us fall like the leaves on the tree.

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.” -Ecclesiastes 3:1. I take this as a time of reflection and a time to enjoy pumpkin everything, to enjoy football, to enjoy spending time with my family and friends, to enjoy the chilly fall breeze, and to enjoy this life that God has granted me. I want to challenge you to think about what this time means for you? What does this season bring to you and how will you use these things to glorify God?

Written by: Natasha Lyons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created.” - Esther 4:14

New Beginnings Make New Endings

Oh the Places You'll Go!