Living Out Love

Hey Sisters (and all our readers the there!),

I felt led to share what has been on my heart recently.  Over the summer I find myself reflecting a lot, since I have free time as a teacher with some down time over the summer.  With my recent big purchase of a home and gaining independence, I have had a lot of new tasks that I am not used to like mowing the lawn, changing air filters, cleaning the gutters, paying mortgage, etc.  



Some of these new things I was looking forward to, such as my new furniture!  I had no furniture and that made furniture shopping exciting, since I had saved up for this big event!  I made this big purchase back on May 18 and needless to say my excitement has quickly dwindled by the poor customer service I have received, since I am still waiting for some pieces as I write this.  First, one of the drawers on my dresser was damaged, then one of my living room chairs had a broken base/leg, then the legs were wrong on the ottoman, and now the new replacement legs are also wrong that I just received today.  I have spend endless hours on the phone with customer service and trying to get answers and get help.  With that said, a lot of my reflection recently has been on how I am going to present myself.  I am now an independent woman and I have to choose how I am going to handle situations like these on my own.  Will I choose to display love even while I am frustrated?  Will I just give up and let them walk over me?  Will I stand up for myself?  How will I approach this?  What tone will I take?  Etc.  Needless to say I found myself in tears when I had finished my 10th (at least) call to customer service today and left disappointed.  



So what have I chosen?  I'll admit, I had to cool off quite a bit before calling especially after I waited for a call I was promised 24 hours later... and 72 hours later I was left wondering what to do since I still had no phone call back... I  chose to stand up for myself as a young woman who refused to be walked over, but I did it in a loving way.  It has proven to be a challenge but I have found an employee in the company who will listen to my concerns and is now helping make it right with me.  I am truly thankful for her.  

Why am I telling you all this?  Well ladies, we get aggravated so easily at times and I have been constantly reminded lately that in everything we do we must show God's love and live out His love.  We are called to be the "proof of His love."  After all, think about it- I am upset because so many mistakes have been made with this company after investing so much money in this company and I am disappointed that they keep treating me poorly.  But our Heavenly Father has accepted our mistakes and he paid the ultimate price.  He wants us to be vulnerable with our mistakes.  He is not looking for perfection after spending such a huge price.  He forgives us and loves us at all times.


How are you going to love out loud this month?  Will you be patient?  Will you be kind?  Will you forgive?   1 Corinthians 13

"So let my life be the proof, 
The proof of Your love
Let my love look like You and what You're made of
How You lived, how You died
Love is sacrifice
So let my life be the proof,

The proof of Your love."
-for King and Country

In Him,
Sarah Young
Rose Chapter Mentor
National Board of Trustees 2013-2014
Sigma Alpha Omga

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created.” - Esther 4:14

New Beginnings Make New Endings

Oh the Places You'll Go!