Dream Big: Bigger God

Confession: I made a huge mistake during my time as an active sister in SAO. During my senior year, I was so hyper focused on the picture perfect life: meet my boyfriend, get engaged prior to graduation, graduate, and get married. However, that was not the case. I remembered going to our formal during fall semester without a date. I could have made a choice of savoring the moment and dancing with my friends, however, I just sat there pouting because it felt like everyone else had a date. I made the mistake of being hyper focused on this perfect picture life. I definitely broke one of the teachings Jesus taught.

“ But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”- Matthew 6:33

Instead, I was seeking first the kingdom of me and all the things that I really needed such as friendship, and a community was being taken away. A couple of years after I had graduated, my hyperfixation was hurting the ones I love and I felt so far away from God. It took a while of coaching, meaningful conversations with my Pastors, Direct messages from my sorority sisters to help me realize that I was not seeking God’s kingdom first.

Granted I am still desiring marriage and motherhood, but I am using these desires as a means to seek God’s kingdom. I created a group for those who are struggling with singleness like me so that we can work together to discover our purpose and learn how we can serve the church. I am also working for a preschool ministry so that both families and children can grow in Christ.

Now how can we dream big as active sisters now? It isn’t just looking for fun things like formal or social events but imagining more.

Imagine Hope-OCA month
Imagine Impact- National Charitable Foundation Day.
Imagine Legacy- Founders Day
Imagine Community-National Service Week
Imagine Joy- Wear the Word Wednesday

Imagine building God’s Kingdom through Sigma Alpha Omega. When you meet with your chapter, see how God is able to do more than we can ever ask or think according to the power at work within us (Ephesians 3:20).

Songs listen to:
More than Able by Elevation Worship
Immeasurably More- Rend Collective
This is the Kingdom by Elevation Worship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created.” - Esther 4:14

New Beginnings Make New Endings

Oh the Places You'll Go!