Feeling drained? Have some water.

(sung to the tune of "22" by Taylor Swift) "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling like I'm walking through gluuuue!"

It is October and I already feel like this year has taken its toll. But, I have good news! While we may feel drained completely, we have an infinite supply of Living Water in our God!

We are all thirsty--whether spiritually, emotionally, mentally, physically, the list goes on--and people in our lives continue to disappoint. We even disappoint ourselves! Yet Jesus Christ is the sustenance we need to endure this world's hardships.

Jesus invites us to follow Him, and while we are sure to find even more obstacles as His flock, we can be confident that we will be sustained, for Jesus promised, "Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life" (John 4:14, NIV).
As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart.
Proverbs 27:19

That's right. So, while you may feel drained, you are actually an endless supply of water from within. Is Jesus inside of you? If you've committed your life to Him, and seek Him with all your heart, His Spirit is!

David writes in Psalm 119:11, "I have hidden your word in my heart so I might not sin against you." And in Proverbs 4:23 we read, "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." In another translation, we read that the heart is the "wellspring of life." A wellspring is a source of water from a stream, continuously flowing. Have you had a cool glass of water from Jesus' words flowing out from your heart today? In prayer or in reading His words?

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for being the strength and comfort I need. While you may feel distant or close, I store up your promises in my heart as I am one of your own. This creates in me a hope and a confidence, helping me to take heart in this world. Please help me remember you and glorify you at all times, keeping your word in my heart, as it serves as the wellspring of life, making me more like your son Jesus each day. 
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created.” - Esther 4:14

New Beginnings Make New Endings

Oh the Places You'll Go!